1. Go to business.facebook.com
2. If you haven’t already, create a business account.
3. Go to Pixels in the Measure & Report column.
4. On the next page, click Create a Pixel to start the process.
5. Add a name for your Pixel (usually your business) and click Next.
6. Install the Facebook Pixel Base Code by either;
- Manually Inserting it into the Head of your Websites Code.
- Using a Plug-in if you’re using a third party platform that supports this (these often come with their own instructions and user guides).
We’ll go through the example with a WordPress site, to show you how to do this manually.
a. Log into WordPress dashboard.
b. Go to Appearance > Theme Editor
c. Find the ‘Theme Header’ .
d. Find the opening of the <head> tag and paste just after it.
e. Click the blue save button near the bottom of the page.
There you have it, your Pixel should be installed now.